Maasai Mara National Reserve
The Maasai Mara National Reserve (also known as Maasai Mara and by the locals as The Mara) is a large game reserve in Narok County, Kenya; contiguous with the Serengeti National Park in Mara Region, Tanzania. It is named in honor of the Maasai people (the ancestral inhabitants of the area) and their description of the area when looked at from afar: “Mara,” which is Maa (Maasai language) for “spotted,” an apt description for the circles of trees, scrub, savanna, and cloud shadows that mark the area.
It is globally famous for its exceptional population of Masai lions, African leopards and Tanzanian cheetahs, and the annual migration of zebra, Thomson’s gazelle, and wildebeest to and from the Serengeti every year from July to October, known as the Great Migration.
Trip Costs: $ 1900 per person *
|5 Nights / 6 Days||6 Safari||All round the year||Lake Naivasha|
- Hotel stay on twin sharing basis.
- All Meals starting from Lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on Last Day.
- Jungle Safaris as mentioned above.
- Surface Transfers from Nairobi Airport.
- Does not include Air fare , Visa Fees and Insurances
- Does Not Include charges for Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Any of the Services or meals which are not mentioned in here above.
- Expense of personal nature such as mineral water, tips, laundry, telephones, beverages etc.
- Any other cost not mentioned in the Section Inclusions Above.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities.
- In such case extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.
- Differential Cost due to Foreign Exchange.
A warm welcome awaits you upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi
A warm welcome awaits you upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport by our driver guide. (Arrive at 6am). Thereafter you will be driven over the Equator where you will have a photo stop. We proceed to Sweetwaters Tented Camp, home of the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Sanctuary. After check in at the camp you shall enjoy lunch at the camp. In afternoon we shall proceed for our first game drive. Before the game drive you shall visit the Rhino Sanctuary.
Dinner at the Camp followed by an optional Night Game drive which is bookable only at the camp at an additional cost. Overnight at the Sweetwaters Tented Camp.
Enjoy an early morning game drive to search the animals you have missed in the previous game drives. Thereafter enjoy breakfast at the camp. You shall visit the Chimpanzee sanctuary. Thereafter you shall be driven to Lake Naivasha which is the magnificent lake in the Great Rift Valley and it’s also a home to 400 species of birds. The drive is about 4.5hours. After checking in at the lodge, you can opt for optional activities e.g. boat ride or simply enjoy the lodge facilities. Dinner and overnight at the Naivasha Sopa Lodge.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast at the lodge and thereafter you shall be driven to the famous fabled Masai Mara National Reserve. The enormous reserve is actually part of the vast Serengeti plains famously known for its spectacular great wildebeest migrations and its home for the big five Lion, Elephant, Leopard, Buffalo and Rhino. The drive is about 4.5hours. Arrive in time for lunch at the Camp/Lodge. After a lovely lunch now we will depart for an afternoon game drive to see the game of savannah. Dinner and overnight at your chosen camp/lodge.
A relaxed rise followed by a hearty breakfast and thereafter a full day game drive with picnic lunch to see the varied game of the Maasai Mara. This region is the Kenya’s most popular game sanctuary where you will have the best opportunity of spotting the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant). Optional visit to a local Maasai village at an extra cost. Dinner and overnight at your chosen Camp/Lodge. Note : You can also opt for 2 game drives this day and enjoy the lodge facilities during your free time.
Enjoy an early morning game drive to search the animals you have missed in the previous game drives. Thereafter enjoy breakfast at the camp/lodge. Thereafter you shall be driven back to Nairobi and transferred to the international airport for your flight departing back home.
- 50% of the Trip Cost to be paid in Advance at the time of booking.
- Balance 50% before one month of the Travel date
In the event of any cancellation by you, the initial deposit amount paid, shall stand forfeited and further cancellation shall be levied as per the following terms:
– before one month before date of departure: 50% of tour cost.
– within one month before date of departure: 75% of tour cost.
– 15 days before date of departure: 100% of tour cost.