Sattal – May 2022
13th May to 17th May 2022
Jungle Trail offers you 5 nights and 6 days Birding Tour at Sattal. Our itinerary is carefully designed keeping in mind the needs of a great birding experience. Our highly-experienced team of birders and naturalists who know the forest like the back of their hand; make sure that our guests have an unforgettable experience in the deciduous heaven of Sattal.
Sattal or Sat Tal (Hindi for “seven lakes”) is an interconnected group of seven freshwater lakes situated in the Lower Himalayan Range near Bhimtal, a town of the Nainital district in Uttarakhand, India. The lakes sit at an altitude of 1370 metres below lush orchards in the Mehragaon valley. Set amongst dense forests of oak and pine trees, Sattal is one of the few unspoiled and unpolluted freshwater biomes in India. These lakes are a paradise for migratory birds. It is home to a few camps being operated mostly by local people catering to tourists looking for outdoor vacations.
Day 1 : 13th May 2022 : Journey Begins Delhi to Sattal
Day 2 : 14th May 2022 : Adventure Begins
Day 3 : 15th May 2022 : At Chanfi & Pangot
Day 4 : 16th May 2022 : Fun Continues
Day 5: 17th May 2022 : Birding at Sattal
Day 6: 18th May 2021 : Return
- Carry your id proof given at the time of booking the safaris (compulsory).
- Comfortable loose clothing, preferably cotton and full sleeves for summers
- Warm Clothes, Gloves for Chilly early morning safaris.
- Muted color clothes, which blend with the surroundings, no loud colors.
- Sunscreen to protect yourself from sunburn and tan.
- Mosquito repellant / Odomos to protect from insect bites.
- Reusable bottle of water, since we discourage the use of plastic/ disposable bottles.
- Light quick bites like peppermints, nutribars etc. for long safaris. Nothing liquid or semi-liquid to be carried.
- Comfortable footwear, preferably sports shoes.
- Personal medication, if any.
- Portable easy to carry torch.
- Binoculars are helpful for distant sightings and birding.
- If you are carrying a camera, please carry spare memory card and battery.
- A Bandanna or a Scarf is helpful to protect yourself from sun.
- Good comfortable hat / cap as you will be wearing it for a long time
- Pocket diary and pen to make notes of the sightings and behavior.
- To Know charges for Foreign Nationals please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To Know charges for Single Occupancy and Child please write to us at email@example.com
- Stay on Single / Twin sharing basis as required.
- All Meals starting from Lunch on Day One to Breakfast on Last Day.
- Birding with an expert forest guide at various hides and treks.
- Government Approved COVID Protocol will be Followed
- Transfers from Khatgodam Railway Station.
- Services of Expert Drivers and Guides
- All Applicable Taxes
- Any other services or meals which are not mentioned in the above "Includes" section.
- Expense of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry, telephones, beverages
- Any tips to the Hotel Staff, Safari Driver or Guide at your will.
- Camera Charges if any. (Depends upon the Sizes of the Lens)
- Travel cost up to Khatgodam from your Residence.
- 50% of the trip cost at the time of Booking.
- Balance 50% of the trip cost one month before the Trip date.
- All cancellation before 30 days of the event date – 25% of the Total Trip Cost to be deducted.
- All cancellation between 15 to 30 days of the event date – 70% of the Total Trip Cost deducted.
- All Cancellation during last 15 days – No Refund.